Monday, August 17, 2009

Lord of the Rings

Whatever opinion I may have for one of these is valid for all. Though I was a bit of a nerd in High School and it had been a part of my library, I never got around to actually reading Tolkien until I heard that Peter Jackson was going to tackle it as movie. So the image was pretty fresh when it came time to actually see it. He was not the first to try (Ralph Bakshi tried to cram the whole story into one animated movie but it really didn't work, in my opinion) he was certainly the best. You can tell he had a fond love for the source material. Though there are certainly some parts omitted, he gave the story what it needed to be interesting. His sets and effects were amazing, and his ability to keep a production schedule that would allow the three parts to be released without more than a year between episodes made the excitement last.

The Fellowship of the Ring [2001]

The Two Towers [2002]

The Return of the King [2003]
I can't imagine the idea of sitting down to watch one of these, without actually scheduling the time to watch the entire saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment